Get Rid Of Mosquitos With Green Home Pest Control
At best, mosquitoes are annoying—at worst, their bites can be life-threatening. That’s why mosquito control for your Phoenix home is so important. At Green Home Pest Control, we offer professional mosquito control services that are safer and highly effective in getting rid of these terrible biting insects.
Types of Mosquitoes in Phoenix, Arizona
A mosquito is a type of fly. While many other fly species resemble mosquitoes, or even giant mosquitoes, there’s only one kind of mosquito in Arizona. Unlike some beneficial types of insects, mosquitoes are only good for being food for other animals.
In addition to the red, itchy bumps that may last for days after a bite, mosquitoes can also transmit viruses they pick up from other animals’ blood to people and pets. Mosquitoes can spread malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever, Zika virus, West Nile virus, and others. If your yard is plagued by mosquitoes, don’t wait to contact us for a free quote on our expert mosquito control service.
Why Green Home Pest Control is Your Best Choice for Phoenix Mosquito Control
As with all of the pest control services we provide, our goal is to keep mosquitoes under control at your home or business while still being kind to the environment. To do that, we developed botanical and organically derived pest control solutions that are just as effective in getting rid of mosquitoes as they are safe for our planet.
We’re also dedicated to making sure the best possible technicians are taking care of your mosquito and pest problems. We drug test, background-check, and thoroughly vet potential Green Home Pest Control employees before we consider having them join our team. Each technician must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in pest removal, a level that we make sure they improve upon month over month. Why do we do such extensive vetting? Because we know how important it is for you to know you’re in good hands when we arrive to manage your pest control issues.
How to Reduce Mosquito Populations
The combination of our professional mosquito control service and your own efforts to keep mosquitoes away from your yard is the best approach. Here’s what you can do:
Get rid of breeding sites
Mosquitoes need very little standing water to breed, so you’ll need to closely inspect your property. In addition to the more obvious spots like bird baths or ponds that hold stagnant water, also look for anything that can capture water, such as:
- Trays under flower pots or planters
- Outdoor toys
- Trash or recycling cans with no or ill-fitting lids
- Buckets or cans
- Discarded tires
- Wading pools
- Clogged gutters
- Gardening equipment, such as wheelbarrows
If you have a swimming pool, make sure to keep the water properly chlorinated and circulating.
Keep landscaping neat
The fewer places where mosquitoes can hide, the better. Keep your property free of piles of dead foliage and clip tall weeds and grasses. If your landscape includes any thick underbrush, avoid it during the sunrise and sunset hours when mosquitoes can be most active.
Check entry points
There’s nothing more annoying than swatting at mosquitoes that have gotten into your house! To keep them from getting inside, closely inspect screens on doors and windows, and repair even the smallest holes. Also add weather stripping to seal entry points. Prevent mosquitoes from breeding indoors by making sure that any water in vases or under plant pots gets emptied regularly.
How Green Home Pest Control Can Help Get Rid of Mosquitoes
Our four-step mosquito control service kills the mosquitoes you have now and helps prevent new infestations. Here’s how we treat your mosquito problem at every stage of the insect’s life:
- Inspection: We closely inspect your property for any places that may harbor mosquitoes at both their adult and larval stages. We’ll review our findings with you and recommend measures that can support long-lasting mosquito control.
- Habitat removal: Wherever we locate standing water—whether it’s in a bird bath or just a small item such as a water bottle cap—we’ll eliminate all that we can.
- Adult control: One of the most important steps in misting the areas where we know adult mosquitoes rest is to spray the undersides of all leaves and foliage, which is a step many mosquito control services omit but one that makes all the difference. We’ll also treat under patios and decks, in shaded grassy areas, beneath overhangs, and more.
- Larvicide control: If there are areas where water collection or stagnant water can’t be eliminated, we treat them with larvicides to prevent immature mosquitoes from maturing into adults.
Green Home Termite & Pest Control now also offers the In2Care Mosquito Trap, which attracts and kills both adult and larval Aedes mosquitoes with green ingredients. These innovative traps attract female mosquitoes, which land on a biological agent containing a growth regulator that kills the larvae in the trap and a fungus that kills adults. The female mosquito carries these agents out to other areas of standing water, killing larvae there.
Contact Green Home Pest Control for Professional Mosquito Control Service
If you’d like to know more about how Green Home Pest Control stands apart from other mosquito control companies in Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Mesa, and surrounding areas, please get in touch by calling (480)525-7378 or contacting us online.
Mosquito Control FAQs
- Tea tree oil applied directly to skin
- A blend of eucalyptus and lemon oils
- Lavender added to skin cream
- Citronella: Citronella candles are a popular purchase for those who want to repel mosquitoes, but the citronella plant—a perennial grass— is helpful as well. It has an aroma that masks other scents that attract mosquitoes.
- Marigolds: These plants contain pyrethrum, which is actually used in commercial insect repellent formulations. It’s an easy-care annual that brightens up any landscape.
- Citrosa: A hybrid of Chinese Citronella grass and African geraniums, citrosa plants product citronella oil.
- Eucalyptus: These giants can grow to 30 feet, and contain natural oils that repel many types of insects, including mosquitoes.
- Ageratum: The repelling ingredient in ageratum is coumarin, which has an odor mosquitoes will avoid.
- Wormwood: This perennial has a natural insecticide that can repel mosquitoes.
- Catnip: Studies have shown that catnip may be even more effective than DEET.
$50 OFF INITIAL SERVICE
Request a free online quote and receive $50 off your initial service while the trucks are in your area.
What Our Customers Are Saying
We’re confident you’ll be completely satisfied with our service. We guarantee it.
“Green Home Pest Control is the company to use, they quickly took care of our ant problem and now our kids can play in the yard without getting bit. I highly recommend them over any other company in the valley–we used them all. Trusted owner, great customer service and priced right.”Scott O., Scottsdale, AZ
“Great service, very informative of the area and how to handle all pests that are located where I live. I am new to area and would highly recommend this company to anyone interested in pest control. Thanks guys for a wonderful experience.”Phillip T., Queen Creek, AZ
“I have had scorpions for years and every pest control company I used (4) could never fully get rid of the problem! This is why I have decided to get on here and post something about Green Home. They have been servicing my home now for 6 months and I have not seen one scorpion since they sprayed my home the first time. I will never leave them, and my tech is very thorough and explains things to me, which I like. Highly recommended!!!!!”Jim M., Phoenix, AZ
“Hi, I have been very satisfied with the service of Green Home Pest Control after changing to your company several months back after being with my previous company for 3 years. The Service Techs are very professional and attentive to my requests and very friendly. Thank you for the great service…I hate bugs!”Kathy B., Scottsdale, AZ