Get Rid Of Cockroaches With Green Home Pest
One of the most common and most undesirable pests found all across the country are cockroaches, and Arizona is no exception. If you have a home or business in or near Phoenix, AZ, it can become infested with cockroaches and when it does, you need to find a roach exterminator fast. Cockroaches are unpleasant to look at and can be unsanitary.
Roast infestation treatment in Phoenix, AZ, is one of our specialties at Green Home Pest Control. Those who have used our services will agree we are the best exterminator for roaches in Phoenix, AZ.
What Types of Cockroaches Can You Find in Phoenix, Arizona?
While you don’t want to see any cockroaches creeping around your home, you may not be aware that there is more than one type of cockroach that may be visiting your home. Cockroaches you might spot in your Phoenix, AZ, home or business include:
- American Cockroach: The cockroach you are most likely to have seen running around your house is the American Cockroach. This name is actually a misnomer since American Cockroaches originally come from Africa. However, they have made a very successful home for themselves in America, and often in Arizona houses. American Cockroaches are recognizable by their glossy, reddish-brown body and similarly colored wings. Because they eat what humans eat, they love to infest your home.
- German Cockroach: You’d think that American Cockroaches live in America and German Cockroaches live in Germany, but unfortunately, the United States has its share of German Cockroaches, too. These roaches, also called Croton bugs, are smaller than American Cockroaches but just as unpleasant. They scurry quickly and can walk on walls and ceilings. They usually come out at night to feed on any crumbs you may have left out.
- Oriental Cockroach: The Oriental Cockroach is another cockroach that doesn’t really live up to its location name, as it is common to North America and is not actually known to have originated in Asia. You may call these little, slimy creatures water bugs because they are often found hiding in wet areas like pipes or humid basements.
How to Keep Cockroaches Out of Your Home
Cockroaches can invade any home, even the most well-kept. There are steps you can take, however, to make your home unattractive to these pests:
- Reduce food sources—Try to keep your kitchen and floors free from any small crumbs and food spills. Also pay attention to spots where grease or food may accumulate, such as around and behind your stove, microwave, toaster, etc. Rinse out bottles, cans, and plastic containers before disposing of them, and regularly clean the interiors of your kitchen cabinets.
- Store food carefully—Tightly seal bags and boxes of food, such as cereals, or transfer food into air-tight containers.
- Secure trash and recycling refuse—Both inside and outside of your home, make sure waste receptacles have tightly fitting lids, including your recycling bins.
- Seal openings—Roaches use a number of entry points to get inside your home. Add or repair weather stripping to doors and windows, seal cracks and crevices, and seal around pipes that bring utilities into your home.
- Check items before you bring them in—Cockroaches may hitch a ride in boxes and bags that you bring into your home. They can even come in on infested items such as furniture.
- Empty pet dishes—Don’t leave food or water in your pets’ indoor or outdoor dishes throughout the day or overnight.
- Remove shelter—Cockroaches are mostly active at night, but will hide during the day in cardboard boxes; stacks of paper, magazines or newspapers; or other piles of clutter.
- Remove water sources—Even drops of standing water in your kitchen or bathroom can attract cockroaches. Make sure faucets don’t drip, wipe up counters of any water spills, and dry sinks before going to bed.
- Vacuum frequently—Cockroaches will follow pheromones that other roaches have left in your home. Vacuuming removes the body parts, eggs, and feces that attract them.
- Call a roach extermination professional—At Green Home Pest Control, we make sure to eliminate all of the cockroaches that have infested your home and apply eco-friendly roach treatments that help keep them from coming back.
Why Cockroach Extermination is Important
A number of household pests can trigger asthma and allergy symptoms, including all types of cockroaches. These pests have proteins that many people are allergic to, and even the waste and body parts of dead roaches can cause reactions in sensitive individuals, especially children and the elderly.
Cockroaches can also carry pathogens that pose a potential health threat. They have been implicated in the spread of several types of bacteria, such as Salmonella and E. coli, as well as parasitic worms. Since they’re attracted to the food we eat, they can cause contamination when they come into contact with it.
If you’ve spied roaches in your home, contact us to schedule an appointment for treatment. Note that if you’ve seen these nocturnal creatures during the light of day, you may have an extensive infestation in progress.
Green Home Pest Control for Cockroach Pest Control Services in Phoenix, AZ, and Surrounding Areas
When you have cockroaches, you need professional roach removal in Phoenix, AZ, to make sure all those roaches are eliminated. Cockroaches can hide in walls, especially during the day, making them difficult to find. If you don’t get them all, they will be back, often in greater numbers. That’s why you need an expert at roach removal service like Green Home Pest Control dealing with your cockroach problem.
Why Is Green Home Pest Control the Best Exterminator for Roaches in Phoenix, AZ?
We’re the best because of our smart products and smarter people policy. Smart products, meaning products that are kinder to the environment, like botanical and organically derived. Smart people means experts who are highly trained and thoroughly vetted before we ever give them access to our products and your home. When our technicians show up at your door, you’ll know you’re dealing with professionals even before we take care of your roach problem.
Cockroach Extermination FAQs
- Bait—Bait stations attract roaches, which then feed on poison. When the poisoned roaches die, they’re eaten by other roaches, and the cycle is set in motion. Bait stations will not kill all of the roaches in your home.
- Boric acid—A mixture of water and boron, boric acid isn’t particularly toxic to other living things, but it is lethal for cockroaches. The issue most people have with boric acid is using it improperly, so it’s not always a good option.
- Glue strips—These may not capture a large number of cockroaches, but they will help you gauge just how much of a roach problem you have and exactly where it’s worst.
Contact Us Today for Professional Roach Removal in and Around Phoenix, AZ
If you’re dealing with roaches in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Gilbert, Tempe, Mesa or related areas, we’re the company to call. Get in touch with us today at (480) 525-7378 or by contacting us online for a free quote on saying goodbye to those roaches for good.
$50 OFF INITIAL SERVICE
Request a free online quote and receive $50 off your initial service while the trucks are in your area.
What Our Customers Are Saying
We’re confident you’ll be completely satisfied with our service. We guarantee it.
“Green Home Pest Control is the company to use, they quickly took care of our ant problem and now our kids can play in the yard without getting bit. I highly recommend them over any other company in the valley–we used them all. Trusted owner, great customer service and priced right.”Scott O., Scottsdale, AZ
“Great service, very informative of the area and how to handle all pests that are located where I live. I am new to area and would highly recommend this company to anyone interested in pest control. Thanks guys for a wonderful experience.”Phillip T., Queen Creek, AZ
“I have had scorpions for years and every pest control company I used (4) could never fully get rid of the problem! This is why I have decided to get on here and post something about Green Home. They have been servicing my home now for 6 months and I have not seen one scorpion since they sprayed my home the first time. I will never leave them, and my tech is very thorough and explains things to me, which I like. Highly recommended!!!!!”Jim M., Phoenix, AZ
“Hi, I have been very satisfied with the service of Green Home Pest Control after changing to your company several months back after being with my previous company for 3 years. The Service Techs are very professional and attentive to my requests and very friendly. Thank you for the great service…I hate bugs!”Kathy B., Scottsdale, AZ