Ant Control By Green Home Pest
Do you have an ant problem in your Arizona home or business? If you do, you are not alone. Ants are a common problem in and around Phoenix, and once you have them, they can be tough to get rid of.
What Types of Ants Can You Find in Phoenix, Arizona?
There are hundreds of species of ants in the world, but a few troublesome varieties are particularly common to Arizona. These include:
- Southern Fire Ants: If you have southern fire ants in your home or business, you probably know it. These usually reddish-brown ants range from a sixteenth of an inch to a quarter inch long and can be very unpleasant to have in your home. They are aggressive and can sting, often en masse. Normally, they congregate outside, but if they have formed a colony in your home, you need to get rid of them fast, especially if you have young children in your home who could be seriously injured by a swarm of attacking fire ants.
- Carpenter Ants: Less dangerous to people but capable of doing plenty of damage are carpenter ants. These ants bore deep into the wood of your home and set up their colonies, using your wood as both nest and nourishment. They act very similarly to termites and may be mistaken for termites although on close inspection they are clearly ants. You will want to get rid of them before they do major damage to the structure of your home.
- Harvester Ants: Even nastier than fire ants are harvester ants. These ants, which are red, black or brown, can be as large as a half inch long and have an extremely nasty sting. They usually will not attack unless you approach their mound, but if they do, the consequences can be quite serious, especially for someone who is allergic to their venom.
- Odorous House Ants: Named for their offensive odor when crushed, these ants are often the ones you’ll find in kitchen cabinets and pantries. They have a relatively painless bite, but pose another threat by contaminating food. DIY ant control methods often make the problem worse by causing the worker ants to spread out and start even more nesting spots.
- Rover Ants: These non-native ants have managed to thrive in Arizona’s hot, dry climate, building large colonies and swarming into houses and anywhere they can find water, such as near irrigation systems. Their winged reproductives can be a real nuisance, especially when you find high numbers of them in your swimming pool.
- Pavement Ants: These ants aren’t picky about where they set up housekeeping—you may find them nesting under your foundation or driveway, taking over your pet’s outdoor food bowl, or even indoors when they come in searching for food. Because pavement ant colonies go deep into the ground, it can be almost impossible to control these ants yourself. While they aren’t aggressive, they can defend themselves with a sting.
Ant Infestation Treatment in Phoenix
As you can see, getting rid of your ant problem quickly is of extreme importance. Fortunately, you have access to the best ant control company in Phoenix — Green Home Pest Control. We send experts that are highly trained in professional ant removal to Phoenix homes and businesses on a regular basis. Our experts know how to differentiate the different types of ants, how to find them where they live, and the best way to get rid of them so you can go back to safely enjoying your home or business.
Why Choose Green Home Pest Control as Your Ant Removal Company in Phoenix, AZ?
We think you will find we are the best ant control company in Phoenix because we carefully vet our employees to make sure we have the most skilled, courteous and responsible technicians possible. We also provide them with the best strategies and safer pest removal products that use synthetic or biological organics that are both safer and effective. Benefits include:
- Affordable ant pest control in Phoenix, AZ
- Prompt arrival and efficient service
- Guaranteed ant removal
- Insured, certified and licensed pest control company
- Honest and accurate free phone estimates
- Property Management, HOA, and Commercial Friendly
Contact Us Today for Reliable Ant Control in and Around Phoenix
If you need an ant exterminator near Phoenix, including Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale and other surrounding areas, there’s only one name to know. Call Green Home Pest Control at (480) 525-7378 or contact us online for a free quote now.
Ant Extermination FAQs
- Wipe every crumb from your countertops, cabinets, and pantry frequently. It doesn’t take much to attract them.
- Don’t let even small spills remain on countertops or floors.
- Store your fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator instead of leaving them out where ants can find them.
- Check for sources of the water ants seek, such as a drippy faucet or leaking pipe.
- Discard any uneaten food in your pet’s bowl every night and keep pet food in tightly sealed containers. Clean the area around your pets bowls, too.
- Keep in mind that ants love sugary foods, so store sweeteners in containers with tight lids and don’t leave empty soda or juice cans in the house.
- Look for spots that ants can use to enter your home. Check places where pipes, cables, and wire come through the walls and seal them up. You may not be able to completely seal up all potential entry points, but you can definitely reduce the number of paths that lead inside.
- Trim any limbs from trees or plants that touch your house. These can be used as “bridges” by ants.
- Push mulch well away from the foundation of your home (at least two feet, but more is better).
- Don’t let wood, stones and other types of debris touch your house. Ants love to gather anywhere that the soil is relatively moist.
$50 OFF INITIAL SERVICE
Request a free online quote and receive $50 off your initial service while the trucks are in your area.
What Our Customers Are Saying
We’re confident you’ll be completely satisfied with our service. We guarantee it.
“Green Home Pest Control is the company to use, they quickly took care of our ant problem and now our kids can play in the yard without getting bit. I highly recommend them over any other company in the valley–we used them all. Trusted owner, great customer service and priced right.”Scott O., Scottsdale, AZ
“Great service, very informative of the area and how to handle all pests that are located where I live. I am new to area and would highly recommend this company to anyone interested in pest control. Thanks guys for a wonderful experience.”Phillip T., Queen Creek, AZ
“I have had scorpions for years and every pest control company I used (4) could never fully get rid of the problem! This is why I have decided to get on here and post something about Green Home. They have been servicing my home now for 6 months and I have not seen one scorpion since they sprayed my home the first time. I will never leave them, and my tech is very thorough and explains things to me, which I like. Highly recommended!!!!!”Jim M., Phoenix, AZ
“Hi, I have been very satisfied with the service of Green Home Pest Control after changing to your company several months back after being with my previous company for 3 years. The Service Techs are very professional and attentive to my requests and very friendly. Thank you for the great service…I hate bugs!”Kathy B., Scottsdale, AZ