Phoenix Bed Bugs?
Bed bug infestations in Phoenix are a serious issue throughout the U.S. and they are a rapidly growing problem in Arizona because of increased global travel, buying and selling of used furniture, and bed bugs are adapting to products being used. Despite their unmistakable bites, these pests are well known to be among the sneakiest and most difficult types to get rid of in any home. We get countless calls from people who tried to rid their home of bed bugs with over the counter options and they all failed. Many times when you add up the unnecessary thrown out furniture and the cost of countless store bought remedies, people end up spending much more than what it would have cost for professional treatment. Why not choose a bed bugs Phoenix pest control company that follows several careful procedures to ensure that bed bugs cease to be a problem? Bed bug control is a specialty of ours and we attribute this to using the most advanced, cutting edge products and techniques.
Do I have Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs don’t care if you are clean, messy, rich, or poor; all they want is human blood. Most people first notice the signs of a bed bug infestation after finding several small bites on various parts of their body when they wake up in the morning. Although other pests are known to cause similar discomfort, there are many other things to look out for in order to determine if you have a bed bug infestation:
- Dark spots about the size of a pin, which are bed bug excrement and may bleed on the fabric like a marker would. These are commonly found on your sheets, mattress and box spring edges and tufts, and on walls near the bed.
- Live bed bugs are big enough to see and you will find them most commonly in box springs, around the edges of the mattress, and in cracks on the frame and headboard.
- Molted bed bug skins that nymphs shed as they grow larger.
- Eggs and eggshells, which are tiny and white and measure only about 1mm.
- Rusty or reddish stains on sheets or mattresses caused by Phoenix bed bugs being crushed.
How to Prevent Bed Bug Infestations In Your Home
While we don’t suggest you live in fear of bed bugs, we do suggest following a few of these recommendations so that you can avoid a large infestation:
- Buy an entomologist approved bed bug protective cover for both the mattress and box spring. We sell these and can custom order them for you at discounted prices.
- Always check secondhand furniture, beds, couches, picture frames and T.V.’s for any sign of bed bugs as detailed above, before bringing them home.
- Reduce clutter in your home to eliminate hiding places for bed bugs.
Recommendations for traveling:
- Thoroughly check your hotel room for any sign of a bed bug infestation in bedding, on mattresses, behind picture frames, behind furniture, inside of drawers, and beneath appliances.
- Check your luggage for bed bugs upon returning from a trip and unpack clothing directly into the washing machine.
- Use luggage racks to hold your luggage rather than setting it on the bed or floor.
Graph image credit: University of Kentucky
Bed Bugs Phoenix
We offer both traditional bed bug control treatments and bed bug heat treatments. Both are very effective, however differ in cost, turnaround time, and preparation. Click on the following traditional treatment and heat treatment links to learn which treatment is right for you.
What Our Customers Are Saying
We’re confident you’ll be completely satisfied with our service. We guarantee it.
“Green Home Pest Control is the company to use, they quickly took care of our ant problem and now our kids can play in the yard without getting bit. I highly recommend them over any other company in the valley–we used them all. Trusted owner, great customer service and priced right.”Scott O., Scottsdale, AZ
“Great service, very informative of the area and how to handle all pests that are located where I live. I am new to area and would highly recommend this company to anyone interested in pest control. Thanks guys for a wonderful experience.”Phillip T., Queen Creek, AZ
“I have had scorpions for years and every pest control company I used (4) could never fully get rid of the problem! This is why I have decided to get on here and post something about Green Home. They have been servicing my home now for 6 months and I have not seen one scorpion since they sprayed my home the first time. I will never leave them, and my tech is very thorough and explains things to me, which I like. Highly recommended!!!!!”Jim M., Phoenix, AZ
“Hi, I have been very satisfied with the service of Green Home Pest Control after changing to your company several months back after being with my previous company for 3 years. The Service Techs are very professional and attentive to my requests and very friendly. Thank you for the great service…I hate bugs!”Kathy B., Scottsdale, AZ